Today we are happy to announce the release of MediaCenter v2.0.0. It is a major release and in this post we’ll explain what changes we have done :
Earlier we had overwritten almost all the WooCommerce template files. This means that whenever there is an WooCommerce template update, we will have to update the theme again and make sure the latest updates do not break. In this version, we have removed all the template overrides and all template requirements are achieved used WooCommerce action hooks and filters.
What does this mean to the end-user : Going forward WooCommerce updates are going to be smoother and there will not be any outdated template files. This also means that lot of woocommerce plugins will be supported quite out of the box.
Moved from LESS to SASS
We have moved all our LESS code to SASS. This means the CSS will be compiled faster and will join the increasing SASS developers community. We have also implemented direction controller so that RTL version of the stylesheet is not just the override version instead a standalone version.
What does this mean to the end-user : A step for the future and easy code maintenance for our RTL users.
Removed Visual Composer Overrides
We had earlier overwritten 3 elements of Visual Composer which are vc_row, vc_accordion and vc_toggle. Now we have removed the overrides and have completely made use of Visual Composer’s inbuilt features.
What does this mean to the end user: You can now make use of full power of Visual Composer. This may cause some of the pages (like home pages and about pages) to be contained instead of stretching full width. In this case, you will have to click on the settings icon of the row and choose “Stretched”. Ref : http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/551123/39e37f9f7df36f597c6f8af799f9df51
Load Text Domain Order
Now the theme loads the .po files in this order wp-content, child themes and in the themes folder.
What does this mean to the end user: Now the user can save all the translations to wp-content/languages folder instead of in mediacenter/languages. In this way the translations are not lost on update. Before updating to 2.0.0 make sure you backup your translations.
The above are some of the major changes. Under the hood we have made sure the code is more flexible and easy to update. If you face any difficulties during update, please do not hesitate to contact our support and we are happy to help.
We had been busy moving our servers and now we have moved our codebase to GitHub which will allow us to code and collaborate efficiently. Here is a list of enhancements/bug fixes available in v1.0.6.
- Rich snippets for Breadcrumb.
- Users can now choose whether to show or hide product titles in breadcrumbs. Hiding product titles in breadcrumb will prevent overflowing in breadcrumbs.
- Improved WPML Compatibility.
- Pluggable template functions – this means you will can easily override functions in functions.php in your child themes.
- Filters for product titles – All product titles will now have filters which you can use to modify the output of the titles like trimming the length or adding external URL, etc.
- Search Bar fix in IE
- Broken animations on catalog mode
- Visual bugs on 6-1 Products Grid
- Fixes to RTL stylesheet
- Missing style of shop messages
- My account – change password fix.
Here is the changelog : http://transvelo.com/assets/media-center/changelog.txt Please upgrade to the latest versions and if you have any difficulties please let us know via our support email
This is a minor upgrade and it mainly concentrates on issues that were introduced on v1.0.3. Major Issues that were fixed are :
1. Bugs in Checkout Process – Calculating shipping costs, updating cart had issues and they are fixed in this version.
2. Disabling Live Search – It didn’t work and now it is fixed to work.
3. Images were overlapping after v1.0.3 that is fixed.
4. Responsive and RTL issues were fixed.
We also introduced some new features like :
1. Vertical Menu is now available as a Widget.
2. User can now choose whether to crop their product images or not.
3. We have updated the .po files
We are happy to announce the availability of MediaCenter WP Theme v1.0.3. This is a major update and we have included lot of exciting features. Please take a look at Changelog.txt for detailed changes.
Here is a round up of the various features available with v1.0.3
Product Live Search
We have also used Bloodhound.js, a suggestion engine which computes suggestions based on the query and Handlebars.js for templating.
Now you will be able to choose if you want the main navigation to stick to top when the user scrolls down. This option is available only for Header Style 2.
Revamped Search Bar Area
Earlier the search area had issues with display. Now we have revamped the code and added options in MCOptions panel to let the user decide what they want to show.
Default Product View
Now we can set the default product view as either Grid or List. There is also an option which can be enabled to remember User selection of view. For example, if a user has chosen grid view, the view will be preserved throught the pages. This is achieved using cookies.
We have used W3 Total Cache to achieve high speed. When tested with YSlow, we are able to achieve a performance score of 91 with overall grade A. We also acheived 87/100 in Google PageSpeed. We have used plugins for demo purposes which are unavoidable by tuning the performance a higher grade can be acheived
Latest Owl Carousel
We have upgraded the carousel to owl 2.0 which has advanced features including RTL compatability.
- Broken Shipping Calculator
- States did not switch on changing the countries on Checkout page
- Transients weren’t deleted when products were added to brand
- RTL issues fixed
- Better RTL compatability
- Pagination link fix
- Dropdown on hover issues
- Responsive issues fix